Nightline is a service run solely by students, for students. Because of this, we need YOU in order to keep the service going! Becoming a volunteer for Nightline has so many amazing benefits, from helping you to build excellent listening and communication skills, to giving back to the student body whilst making amazing friends for life. It’s also a great thing to put on your CV!
Requirements for becoming a volunteer are:
- Commitment to attending our initial 6-week training process (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-8pm)
- Commitment to completing a minimum of two 12-hour overnight shifts from 8pm to 8am per semester on the phones
- Commitment to completing one instant messaging shift from 8pm to 8am once a semester
- Volunteers cannot be in their final year of study
- All volunteers must have a good level of spoken English
Full training is provided by experienced Nightliners and external speakers. We cover a huge range of topics, from student issues, to mental health, to LGBTQ and more.
We train people twice a year, starting in the first few weeks of each semester. Training is conducted on the UoM campus.
Don’t think you could be a phone volunteer?
We are also looking for people to join our publicity and fundraising teams!
If you are interested please email us at email@example.com or contact us via our Facebook page.